FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQS)
To enrol into any of our Real Estate programs, learners are required to:
- Be over the age of 16;
- Be computer literate;
- Have basic computer knowledge;
- Have verbal and written English skills.
You may be required to undertake a language, literacy and numeracy assessment prior to acceptance into the course.
While attending training sessions with Under The Hammer, we expect:
Punctuality and attendance of all scheduled sessions;
- students are expected to log in on time for each session
- attendance will be recorded and regular participation is essential
An open approach to learning;
- Students should come prepared with a willingness to engage actively in discussions, ask questions, and seek clarification.
No offensive behavior;
- Maintain a respectful and professional demeanor during all interactions.
- Avoid engaging in offensive, discriminatory, or inappropriate language or behavior.
Respect for the other learners and Under The Hammer staff and trainers;
- Treat fellow students, instructors, and staff with courtesy and respect.
- Be considerate of diverse backgrounds and opinions within the learning community.
- Smart casual/business attire.
It is the responsibility of students to notify Under the Hammer immediately with as much notice as possible if they are unable to attend a class. If studying an online course you will have access to the materials to complete their assessments through the learner portal.
For compulsory CPD – it is a mandatory requirement to attend via an online class or in person, if you complete the assessments but do not attend a session you will not be eligible to pass as per regulations set out by the Office of Fair Trading.
- Flexible Learning Options: Choose from our virtual classroom or online self-paced courses to suit your schedule and preferences.
- Technology Requirements: All learners must have internet access and possess intermediate computer skills.
Our Approach to Learning:
- Practical Assessments: Our courses blend theory and practice through a variety of assessment methods, including verbal presentations, case studies, role-playing, and situational simulations.
- Interactive Workbook Activities: Work through thought-provoking written scenarios and workbook activities to reinforce your understanding and skills.
Distance Learning Made Easy:
- Self-Paced Learning: Opt for our Distance learning option to study at your own pace, tailoring the training to fit your lifestyle and commitments.
- Personalized Support: Benefit from dedicated trainer support through phone or email, ensuring you receive guidance whenever needed on your learning journey.
At Under The Hammer, you are never alone on your learning journey. Our team of highly skilled trainers is readily available to assist you whenever you need help or have questions, whether you are training through distance learning or attending classes. Feel confident knowing that our dedicated trainers are just a phone call, email, or message away, and are committed to supporting your success every step of the way. Your growth and understanding are our top priorities, and we are here to guide you toward achieving your real estate training goals.
As a consumer, you have the right to complain if you feel you have not received the product as it was advertised. You are also able to appeal an assessment decision if you are not satisfied with the outcome.
Appeals and complaints are taken seriously. If you wish to lodge an appeal or complaint you can speak with our support staff or your trainer and they will be able to assist in resolving the issue.
Once the enrolment and payment has been processed, a student is only entitled to a refund of any fees paid under the following circumstances:
- If a course is cancelled by Under The Hammer.
- If Under The Hammer Training is unable to meet its obligation to the student as stipulated in its requirements.
Students may elect to transfer their enrolment to another course date or means of completion (e.g. distance learning). This may incur additional fees.
The length of time it will take you to finish your training will depend on many things. All learners learn at different paces. It will depend on your knowledge of the real estate industry and any experience you may have, whether you are eligible for credit transfers or RPL.
It will also depend on how much time you set aside to read the learner guides and undertake the assessments, and whether you are attending regular classes.
Every learner learns at a different pace, so you may be able to complete in less time, or you may need to spend extra time to work through the resources and submit your assessments.
Your Certificate of Registration or Real Estate Licence is issued by your State/Territory regulator upon application, not Under The Hammer.
When you complete and submit your assessments, and you are deemed competent for each unit of competency, you will be issued a Statement of Attainment or a Certificate (full qualification) for the units of competency you have completed, as set by the relevant Governing body. This then allows you to apply.
NSW Office of Fair Trading
You can apply using the following links/forms
Contact NSW Fair Trading on 13 32 20 for information on their application process.
ACT Access Canberra
Agents based in the ACT will apply for their Licence with Access Canberra.
For detailed information regarding how to apply for your real estate licence in Canberra visit this page.
Contact ACT Access Canberra on 13 22 81 for information on their application process.